Registration, Payment and Cancellations
- Registering in the Centre means that you accept the general terms. Please ask if you have any questions. The Centre reserves the right to take the final decision and will inform the student in advance of decisions taken.
- In order to register for a course registration must be formalized by e-mail, letter or fax. A deposit of €50 is payable on reservation. This deposit is not an additional cost.
- Once registration has been formalized you will receive confirmation of your course and accommodation, detailed information and the bill for your deposit. Last minute registrations are subject to availability of groups and families.
- Full payment must be received before the start of the course or during the first three days.
- Payment of the deposit and the full cost of the course can be made via Bank Transfer to the following (please indicate your name):LA CASA DEL ESPAÑOL – CENTRO LINGÜÍSTICO-CULTURAL. López Gómez 18, 2º. 47002 – Valladolid. ES41.0182.6550.4102.0164.4500
All bank commissions will be paid by the client. The actual sum received by La Casa del Español will appear on the corresponding bank statement. Clients may also pay in cash in the school office at the beginning of the course.
- The bill will reflect the prices published during the academic year in question. Any error in the bill, e-mail or letter will be corrected.
- If cancellation is notified at least 2 weeks before the start date of the course you will receive a full refund, minus the €50 deposit. This deposit may be used as such by the same student for another course in subsequent years.
- If cancellation is notified during the 2 weeks prior to the start of the course, the student will be charged for one week of the course and accommodation. The difference in the sum paid will be returned via bank transfer.
- Once the course has started full or partial cancellation is not permitted. If the course has not already been paid for, the student will be charged for the full course. The Centre will give the student the option of postponing the course and as confirmation of this the student will receive a signed letter to this effect. In respect of accommodation, the student will be charged for one week.
Accommodation in a Spanish Family
- Accommodation is from the first Sunday before the start of the course until the Saturday of the last week of the stay. If you wish to arrive earlier or leave later than this you should make your request known to the Centre. This additional cost is €23 per day (2009 prices).
- The price of accommodation includes sheets, blankets and towels. It also includes electricity, gas, water, heating, community charge and laundry service (minimum once a week) and full board.
- The Centre is responsible for the host family and any complaint or request to extend the stay or any other question related to the host family should be discussed with the Centre.
- A change of host family requires the approval of the Centre. The Centre will examine the reasons for the change and will provide an alternative family within a week.
- The Centre is responsible for paying the host families. Any extension of stay must be requested through the Centre and accepted by the Centre.
There are no classes on the following days
1st and 6th January, 23rd April, 1st and 13th May, 15th August, 8th September, 12th October, 1st November, 6th, 8th and 25th December.
Consult out General Terms & Prices.
Organization of Levels
- The organization of courses and levels is the responsibility of the Centre, which, after carrying out the initial level test and interview and determining the student’s linguistic needs, will decide on the appropriate group. The levels and organization of the groups will be determined the first Monday of the course following the interview and level test. This means that the student will start the course at the appropriate level at 10.00 that same morning.
- The criteria justifying these decisions are strictly academic. The maximum number of students per group is 8.
- The Centre also establishes the minimum number of students per group and it could happen that there is only one student in the group. In this case, the student on this course would receive half of the classes as private classes and the other half in a group with the closest level to his own, if possible. In these circumstances the Centre would negotiate with the student in order to arrive at the most beneficial arrangement for both parties.
Change of Group
- If a student considers it necessary to change group, he should consult his teacher. The teachers and the Head of Studies will decide if a change is appropriate and/or beneficial for the student.
Extending the Course
- Any request to extend the course should be communicated to the Centre, which will formally communicate its decision to the student within 24 hours.
- If a course is extended, the price will be calculated bearing in mind the total number of weeks; the cost will be less than that of a new registration.
- Courses run from the first Monday to the last Friday of the stay. The option of making up any missed classes will be considered by the Director, bearing in mind all available options.
- The Centre will provide the necessary materials, including grammar books and books of exercises at the student’s level. All the teaching materials are included in the price for intensive courses. For extensive courses the student will pay for whatever teaching materials are agreed upon.
- The registration fee also includes access to all available materials in the Centre. These materials are the property of the school and should be returned before the end of the course. If materials are taken away for use outside the Centre, at least one teacher should be informed.
- Library books and other materials are also available for loan. Needless to say students should not write in books and should return materials in the same condition as they found them.
- As far as possible, the Centre will assist the student in buying materials if the student so wishes.
Diplomas and Certificates
- At the end of the course, each student will receive a certificate of attendance. In order to obtain this certificate it is necessary to attend a minimum of 90% of the classes.
- The student will not be awarded the certificate if absence exceeds 10% without good reason being given. The student may also request a certificate giving his level. This would involve doing specific exams organized by the school.