One of our students’ favourite activities beyond our excellent language lessons, are our cooking classes. When designing our new premises, we were keen from the beginning to ensure that we had a spacious kitchen where we could run cooking workshops and classes to teach our students the secrets of local Spanish cuisine.
In our hands-on cooking workshops, students learn to make variety of traditional dishes under the supervision of a professional chef, including Spanish omelette, torrijas, castilian soup in the winter, gazpacho in the summer, paella, and typical Valladolid pinchos and tapas.
Our cooking classes – organised according to demand – have between three and six students.
So, when our students have finished their time at La Casa del Español, they leave speaking better Spanish, and also with improved culinary skills – useful elsewhere in their lives!
For an idea of what to expect, here are a few of the delicious recipes you can learn to perfect with us. ¡Bon appétit!
Wine tasting with La Casa del Español
La Casa del Español also offers the opportunity to take part in wine tasting sessions with professional sommeliers. These are excellent opportunities to get to know the spectacular wines from Valladolid province in more depth. It’s worth mentioning that several world-renowned wines with protected geographical status are produced in the region – Ribera del Duero, Rueda, Cigales, Toro… and many varieties, red, white, sparkling and dessert or fortified wines.
Our tasting sessions, organised according to demand, vary from 5 to a maximum of 20 participants. Depending on numbers, they are held on our premises, or further afield, in perfect locations for the activity in question.
Have a look at how much fun our students have in these photos.
Trips and excursions
La Casa del Español is perfectly situated in northern Spain, allowing for a variety of trips both within Valladolid province and beyond.
Students have a wide choice of trips and destinations, which include the following:
- Route 1: Wamba – Santa Espina – Urueña
- Route 2: Olmedo (Mudéjar theme park) – Roman villas – Ávila
- Route 3: Bodegas La Seca – Salamanca
- The beach, north coast, Cantabrian Sea: Santander
Each of these options feature have free tour guides, allowing students to immerse themselves even more in local culture.
Have a great time!
- Lunch, tea or dinner in a bodega
- Sports: Football, tennis, pádel, rugby, beach volleyball and more
- Guided art tours: painting, photography, sculpture, etc.
- Art workshops in the city’s museums
- Dance classes
- Museum visits (art, science, polychrome sculpture etc.)
- Trips to historic houses (Colón, Cervantes, Zorrilla)
- Guided tours of the historic centre of Valladolid
- Plays and drama events
- Guided tour of the Biblioteca Santa Cruz, home of the rectorate of Valladolid University, the second oldest in Spain.
- River cruise on the «Leyenda del Pisuerga»
- Film evenings in Spanish, with critical discussion afterwards.
- Valladolid guided tourist bus
- Various guided tours around the city centre, such as the Ríos de Luz, Patios Renacentistas, Arqueológica, etc.
Do you want to work as an agent for us?
If you’re interested in promoting La Casa del Español outside Spain, please get in touch.
We are an accredited Instituto Cervantes language centre.
We have been offering language courses since 1986.