There are many reasons why Valladolid is the ideal location for a Spanish course:
- Travel from Madrid to Valladolid is easy and quick (less than 50 minutes by high-speed train).
- Valladolid is a medium-sized clean and safe city.
- The Spanish spoken in this area of Spain, known as Castilian, is pronounced very clearly.
- Valladolid is a vibrant city with plenty of cultural activities.
- Despite its charm, there are not as many tourists as in other, better known cities.
- Valladolid is also well known for its ‘tapas’ and cuisine; and of course, it is located at the heart of the Ribera de Duero wine region.
- Moreover, it is an important historic city: it is the birthplace of kings and where Christopher Columbus died.
- Valladolid counts with a great literary heritage. Miguel de Cervantes, author of “Don Quixote”, lived in Valladolid, among many other renowned writers.
How to reach Valladolid?
Valladolid, located in the Norh-West of Spain, is close to Madrid, and it is very well connected:
- By TRAIN: Hight Speed Train – AVE Madrid (Chamartin Station) – Valladolid (Campo Grande Station) In less than one hour. www.renfe.es
- By BUS: Valladolid Bus station. Tel: (00 34) 983 236308